Research Intern : Illinois
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building power for low-wage workers in service industries and fighting in larger struggles for social justice on issues such as health care, immigration, economic wins for workers and education reform. We are now hiring a Research Intern in Chicago to support the work of the Local’s Research Department.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Property records research
- Reading and summarizing lawsuits and government records
- LexisNexis research
- Database & spreadsheet processing
- Data entry
- Commercial real estate industry research
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently.
- Strong communication, writing and quantitative skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with databases and spreadsheet applications including Access and Excel.
- Knowledge of SQL or other data manipulation or programming skills a plus.
PAY / HOURS / TERM
- 15 hrs/week, schedule flexible, to be determined in conjunction with Lead Researcher.
- January 2017 through May 2017
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter at http://seiu1.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2kqigcrvsk8
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com