New York Area Director : New York
New York Area Director
Based in New York City, NY
The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians’ union in the country, is looking for a New York Area Director, based in New York City.
CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 15,000 resident physicians. Our vision is to be the national voice for interns, residents and fellows and to create better working conditions that allow physicians-in-training the ability to provide the highest quality patient care possible by building power through our Union.
As the Area Director, you will have the opportunity to develop staff, maintain a presence in the field and lead strategic campaigns and collective bargaining. The Area Director reports directly to the NY/NJ Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Area Director performs a wide range of duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Supervises, develops and ensures organizing staff are achieving local, statewide and national goals.
- Responsible for member leader development, membership engagement, and organizing members around contract enforcement at the worksite.
- Leads and coaches organizers in membership sign up in challenging open shop environment.
- Maintains accurate records and database.
- Leads collective bargaining in private and public sector chapters, through the development of the bargaining team, researching of proposals and training staff on the process.
- Production of written communications and reports, to the membership, union leadership, and employers as needed.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- 4 years or more of organizing experience in the labor movement, and 2 years experience leading and/or supervising staff.
- External organizing experience, preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle a large workload in a fast-paced campaign environment.
- Strong ability to connect with highly educated professionals of varying backgrounds in pursuit of a common goal.
- Ability to work independently while also being able to incorporate constructive feedback and direction from campaign leadership.
- An independent and critical thinker with the ability to learn and understand complex issues quickly.
- Ability to develop, lead and support organizers on the implementation of strategic campaigns.
- Ability and experience in collective bargaining, contract enforcement and grievance procedure.
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for CIR, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the Subject Line: New York Area Director.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com