Leadership Empowerment Specialist III : California
SEIU Local 2015
Leadership Empowerment Specialist III
Based in Los Angeles, CA
Vision of the Leadership Empowerment Department:
To create a comprehensive Leadership Empowerment System grounded in a culture of learning for our members and staff that develops talent and leaders who can champion the dismantling of structural racism and oppressive structures to promote inclusion and bring about economic and social equity for all of our communities. To build a culture in the organization that continuously builds leadership capacity among member and staff and to embed leadership empowerment and development in all the work we do as an organization.
Leadership Empowerment Specialist position support skills and competency trainings, leadership practices and behaviors that support a culture of learning and on-going leadership capacity building for our members and staff. The position supports the strategic direction on the integration of leadership empowerment across the organization in collaboration with key stakeholders and encourages and fosters innovation, skill development, leadership competencies to advance the organization’s strategic priorities.
The position reports to the Director of Leadership Empowerment. The position is located in Northern or Southern California.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and managing multiple projects; including, curriculum development, facilitation, and achieving successful metrics;
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse groups;
- Analytical, detail-oriented, outcome-driven and organized;
- An understanding on leadership development, long term care industry (skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, homecare), and adult education
- Curriculum development and review experience
- Implemented comprehensive strategic plans
- Worked collaboratively with other staff, departments, and stakeholders
- Proven leadership and independent judgment.
- Experience working in diverse work environments a plus. Women and people of color urged to apply. Bilingual skills a plus.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in labor and/or leadership development or adult education experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports the alignment of the Leadership Empowerment System and training to support the mission, vision, and organizational priorities of the Local.
- Designs and develops components of Leadership Empowerment System for the Local and coordinates implementation.
- Performs ongoing evaluation of the Leadership Empowerment System and its components for impact on outcomes and structures.
- Collaborates with other departments and regions within the Local
- Supports on-going assessments of member and staff development needs in order to successfully administer and carry out Leadership Empowerment programs aligned with organizational outcomes.
- Facilitates and supports the facilitation of trainings across the organization
- Develops and supports the development of curricula and supportive material
- Provides day-to-day leadership.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to develop new curricula and learning experiences that further organizational goals and objectives.
- Supports the development and implementation of tools and practices to foster a culture of learning
- Performs general administrative duties as needed
- Works on and leads the development work in regional and statewide projects
- Maintains an understanding of current industry and regional economic ideas, trends, and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position.
- Performs work generally in the field with staff, members, and outside constituents.
- Long and irregular hours required. Travel required.
To Apply For This Position
Mail, e-mail or fax a detailed résumé, cover letter, a one-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
In subject of email: Position Title of Position you are applying for.
SEIU Local 2015
c/o Human Resources
2910 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90065
Fax: (213) 368-0699
Attn: Human Resources
SEIU Local 2015 is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com