Junior Assistant Bookkeeper – IAMAW Accounting Department : Maryland
Junior Assistant Bookkeeper
IAMAW Accounting Department
Based in Upper Marlboro, MD
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) is a trade union representing 600,000 active and retired members in the aerospace, defense, airline, manufacturing, transportation, woodworking and other industries in North America.
The IAM seeks to fill a Junior Assistant Bookkeeper, bargaining unit position in the headquarters Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable processing
- Accounts Payable processing and Expense reporting
- Preparing various spreadsheets using charts, graphs, tables, etc.
- Working with the accounting system software
- Typing letters, memos and other correspondence
- Answering general accounting department phone calls
- Handling of the daily mail including routing to the appropriate persons
- Scanning, faxing, copying, overnight mail and ability to operate a calculator
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications: Associates degree in Accounting and/or a sound general accounting knowledge based upon equivalent experience encompassing the areas defined with the job duties specified above.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with employees, lodge members, pensioners, etc.
- Ability to organize work volume and coordinate multiple functions at one time
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel or Lotus 1-2-3
- Typing (at least 45 words per minute)
Selected candidates must pass an accounting aptitude test, an Excel/Lotus test, and a Microsoft general skills test.
Salary: $25.33 per hour to start, and a comprehensive benefit package including employer paid family health care and defined benefit pension.
Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Position open until filled.
The IAMAW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com