Campaign Head : New South Wales, Australia
Transport Workers Union of Australia
Based in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Campaign Team Vacancies (1 x Campaign Head)
Employer: Transport Workers Union of Australia National Office
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Communications & Marketing, Unions & Workers Rights
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: Friday 9 March 2018
Applications close: Monday 26 March 2018
At the Transport Workers Union (TWU) National office we are creating a new campaign team and we are seeking an experienced and motivated Union Campaign Head to lead it.
Are you interested in fighting multinational corporations, organising the workers who carry our country and ensuring safer roads and skies for everyone in Australia? Then the TWU needs to hear from you!
The Transport Workers’ Union of Australia (TWU) is one of Australia’s leading campaigning trade unions. Our union fights to grow power give transport workers from traditional and emerging sectors a powerful voice in support of social and economic justice.
1 x Campaign Head
This position will manage and coordinate a campaign unit, working closely with the communications, education and research teams within the national office and organising teams across the TWU State Branches. This position will report along with the other Campaign Heads to the Chief of Campaigns.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the sector campaign.
- Coordinate the strategic development of the political, internal, external, community, employer, client and industry components of the campaign.
- Coordinate and manage various campaign actions, events, protests and activities.
- Monitor external political, scientific, communications and technical development related to the campaign; provide briefings and draft campaign communications as required.
- Deliver and support the training and development to officials, organisers and delegates.
- Provide, as necessary, written and verbal reports, plans and proposals to National Committee and Management (NCOM), National Secretary, Assistant National Secretary and/or Chief of Campaigns
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of an active network with potential and established allied groups and families.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across National Office and all Branches of the union.
- Represent the TWU at meetings, conferences and events as required.
- Supervise, mentor and ensure skills development of team members.
- Work with Chief of Campaigns to develop and mentor Campaigns Team.
- Other tasks as Directed by the National Secretary, Assistant National Secretary or Chief of Staff.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Experience in coordinating or leading teams or projects.
- A proven track record as a union organiser. Experience with supply chain campaigning, training or development a plus.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- A willingness to understand and implement union growth strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including demonstrated ability to write and deliver reports and draft internal and external communications.
- Good IT communications skills, including experience with Excel and digital communications.
- A commitment to labour values.
- The role will be based in our national office in Sydney, with interstate travel.
To apply, forward a Cover Letter CV to Emily McMillan, Chief of Campaigns, Transport Workers’ Union of Australia by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Emily McMillan, Tel: 02 8114 6500 (+61 2 8114 6500).
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com