Field Manager East – Organizing : District of Columbia
National Education Association
Field Manager East
Based in Washington, DC
Salary Range: $120,093 – $167,670
The National Education Association (NEA) is America’s oldest and largest organization committed to advancing the cause of public education. Headquartered in Washington, DC, NEA proudly claims more than 3 million members devoted to the following mission: to advocate for education professionals and to unite our members and the nation to fulfill the promise of public education, by preparing every student to succeed in a diverse and interdependent world. Our vision is a great public school for every student. We strive to improve the quality of teaching, to increase student achievement, and to make schools safer and better places to learn.
NEA seeks a Manager to coordinate local field organizing projects and supervise NEA field staff in the eastern half of the country. The Manager promotes NEA’s mission, vision, and core values and is responsible for providing vision and leadership that supports, promotes and advocates the strategic direction of NEA through field organizing. This Manager reports to the Associate Director of Local Affiliate Growth and Strategic Field Opportunities.
- Manages the development of local strategic organizing plans and supervises assigned NEA field staff.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the assigned Associate Directors of Affiliate Relations and Growth and state and local affiliates.
- Ensures that field work is aligned with the strategic organizing plans and drives toward achieving the stated goals.
- Uses knowledge of principles of management, NEA budget development and financial systems, and program evaluation and assessment to plan and manage the work.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or relevant graduate degree and/or certification preferred.
- Association experience at the local, state or national level with a background in organizing.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing strategic organizing plans.
- Management experience with broad background in program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop, manage and assess organizing programs.
- Demonstrated skill in supervising, motivating, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including developing and delivering presentations.
- Facility in group dynamics and team building.
- Successful strategic planning, budget management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of NEA and its strategic priorities, programs and affiliate policies and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and emerging education issues and management theories and practices.
- Flexibility and ability to execute program deliverables prior to established deadlines.
- Ability to travel extensively.
Applications are now being accepted. Interested candidates should apply online at www.nea.org/jobs.
The National Education Association is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com