Research and Outreach Manager : District of Columbia
Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO
Research and Outreach Manager
Based in Washington, DC
The Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO (DPE) seeks a creative and motivated individual with strong research, writing, and interpersonal skills to serve as its Research and Outreach Manager.
DPE is a coalition of 24 national unions representing more than four million professional and technical employees. DPE’s affiliate unions represent professionals in education and healthcare; science, engineering, and technology; legal, business, and management; media, entertainment, and the arts; and public administration. More information about DPE is available on our website: www.dpeaflcio.org.
- Propose, develop, and update research in policy areas affecting professional and technical employees;
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of data, including data related to labor markets, unions, and economic conditions;
- Create and update fact sheets and reports;
- Assist with outreach to labor and non-labor organizations;
- Write content for DPE’s website and social media channels;
- Prepare/compile materials for meetings;
- Assist with meeting logistics; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (advanced degree preferred);
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the labor movement;
- Evidence of strong analytical, writing, and speaking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to present complex information clearly in varied written and oral formats;
- Proficiency in utilizing statistical information for policy analysis and advocacy;
- Demonstrated excellent computer research skills, including familiarity with government databases, including Bureau of Labor Statistics and Census Bureau resources;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and with a team.
Salary and Benefits: Starting salary between $65,000 and $80,000 depending on experience. Benefits include comprehensive health and dental plan, defined benefit pension, 401(k), paid sick leave, and vacation and paid holiday schedule.
Work Location: This job is located in downtown Washington, DC, and is easily accessible by public transportation.
To Apply: E-mail a résumé, cover letter, writing sample, and three professional references (references should include name, job title, email address, and phone number) to: email@example.com No phone calls please.
Deadline: September 7, 2018
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com