Organizer : Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CIO
80 Eighth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10011
Based in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
This is an entry level Organizer position. This position is based in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. The primary focus of the position is to initiate and conduct new organizing campaigns; to develop workplace leaders within the local union; and to increase union visibility and assist with direct action campaigns in key workplaces as directed by local union staff.
- Help to identify and develop appropriate new organizing targets and campaign plans, with goals, strategies, and resources needed to execute the plans
- Conduct and coordinate home visits, phone calls, site visits and other 1:1 outreach to build membership, support leaders and further the goals of a campaign
- Identify and develop new workplace leaders
- Conduct new member orientations
- Write and produce basic campaign leaflets and other materials
- Manage lists, Access database, assessments, charts and other campaign tools
- Assist with member turnout for events and actions
- Identify workplace issues and help members organize for solutions and power
- Submit a detailed report each week demonstrating activities
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to the labor movement and social justice
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills and proficiency with basic programs such as Access and Word
- Car, insurance and driver’s license required
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and irregular hours with some travel
- Ability to provide detailed campaign summaries and assessments
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility with diverse demographic groups, as well as, with professional, technical, administrative and service workers
- Experience assisting members to resolve grievances, and other workplace issues
- An understanding of how the collective bargaining process works
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
All interested applicants must apply by submitting résumé to: email@example.com.
OPEIU is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, does not discriminate an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com