Assistant Communications Director – Digital : District of Columbia
United Food and Commercial Workers
Assistant Communications Director
Based in Washington, DC
The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking an Assistant Communications Director to assist the Communications Director by developing social and digital media strategy, and supervises tactical implementation of the UFCW Hustle texting, SMS texting, and email programs. It is a leadership position which requires creating editorial calendars and plans, as well as measuring and tracking impact on social platforms. This position will guide adoption of new technology, digital products and process across the department, and organization. This position will guide the following for the International Union:
- Brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- Social media engagement with members and UFCW Locals
- Online community management and marketing
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Communications Director with strategy and counsels on long-term planning.
- Responsible for maintaining and building UFCW’s social media communities.
- Manages communications programs (email, text messaging, and social media) for the International and advises and supports those programs for the Local Unions.
- Oversees the communications editorial calendar and coordinates with design team to execute the development of original content.
- Ensures the UFCW message and voice is appropriately translated into creative content and works with junior staff to maintain message discipline online.
- Establish benchmarks and track growth of lists. Provide quarterly, and annual analytics and metrics reports.
- Creates digital communications programs to enhance organizing and bargaining campaigns.
- Develops workshops and trainings to roll out new communications technology and best practices to local unions.
- Develops outreach plan to build relationships with online influencers and coordinates mini-campaigns to with other digital teams at allied groups and organizations.
- Keeps UFCW’s communications current on emerging technology and social trends.
- Bachelor’s degree; in a relevant discipline; equivalent experience may be substituted. Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in digital communications, public relations, social media strategy, or political communications with a strong working knowledge in social media analytics. Experience in a supervisory role or management position.
- Amazing story-teller, able to translate information into visual (video, photo, and graphic) executions.
- Strong copy-writer with good presentation skills.
- Basic graphic design skills and experience working with PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience with basic web design and using with social media monitoring and analytics tools.
- Familiarity with email and text messaging platforms a must, Hustle and Revolution blast text platforms preferred.
- Self-starter and problems-solver with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under deadlines. Team player, positive attitude, who enjoys collaborative work environments and is committed to excellence and results. The ability to complete complex projects accurately on deadline.
- Takes direction well and is up for a challenge. Enjoys learning and isn’t afraid to try new things. Looking for an opportunity to build and develop as a professional. Interested in taking our department to the next level.
- Capable of managing sensitive and high-risk online environments/communities.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
Duration: Full time. Posting closes when position is filled.
Submit cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to: https://www.dcjobs.com/j/33985250
The UFCW represents more than 1.3 million workers. Its members are employed principally in retail food; meatpacking; manufacturing, poultry and food processing; department and drug store, garment and textile, distillery, chemical, health care, and insurance industries. For more information, please visit www.ufcw.org.
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com