Administrative Assistant (part-time) : New Jersey
Independent Association of Publishers’ Employees
TNG/CWA Local 1096
Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Based in Plainsboro, NJ
The Independent Association of Publishers’ Employees (IAPE), a labor union representing more than 1,200 employees of Dow Jones & Company around the United States and in Canada, requires a part-time administrative assistant to work in our Plainsboro Township office on a one-year contract.
IAPE is seeking an organized individual to handle the union’s administrative tasks and support its two-person staff as we prepare for contract negotiations next year. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently are musts.
Salary: $25.00 per hour.
Duties Will Include
- Managing email flow from Union’s general email account (i.e. sending email blasts, redirecting inquiries, answering simple questions, escalating member queries/questions)
- Answering, directing phone calls, taking messages
- Handling and sorting mail, accepting and sending packages
- Managing Google Calendar, scheduling conference calls, taking notes during board meetings
- Data entry/help with member management; filing, digital record keeping and maintaining/organizing board’s cloud drive
- Helping organize, track results from member surveys conducted through Google Form
- Some expense management, reimbursement tracking
- Assist with planning, organizing semi-annual board meetings
- Excellent skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve are required. We are looking for a self-starter who can take the lead on bringing efficiency to the union’s administrative functions.
- Experience/ability to work with sensitive and confidential member information is a must.
- Interpersonal skills including communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong computer skills (Especially G Suite, spreadsheets and electronic filing)
Helpful but not required: previous work experience with a labor union or non-profit.
Please email résumé with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com