Part-Time Temporary Accountant : California
Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
Part-Time Temporary Accountant
Based in Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO, is the second largest labor council in the country representing more than 300 local unions and hundreds of thousands of rank-and-file union members. The Federation is a model for the nation of how a central labor body can transform the labor movement by actively assisting its affiliates with their organizing and bargaining drives, and changing the way unions do politics.
The mission of the LA FED, as it is known, is to be a voice for working people battling to break into or remain in the middle class; to encourage them to actively participate in the civic and political life of their nation, state and community; and to advance public policies supporting workers and their families.
To learn more about the LA Fed, please visit www.theLAFED.org.
We are seeking a Part-Time Accountant to join the team on a 6 to 8-week assignment estimated to begin about July 16, 2018. The Part-Time Accountant will be working with the administrative team under the direction of the Chief of Staff.
This is a part-time, temporary position generally performed during normal business hours. The position includes the duties as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs tasks related to bank deposits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger analysis
- Manages, maintains and updates accounting databases
- Responsible for confidential files which may include payroll and personnel files
- Provide requested information or files to auditors
- Creates regular financial statements and cash flow reports
- As needed, travel (locally) to carry-out accounting duties
- Other duties in accordance with job responsibilities
- At least two years of previous experience in professional office environment
- Experience working with MAS 90 and Sage 100 accounting programs (preferred)
- Basic computer knowledge, ability to use Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, 10-key by touch and databases
- Basic accounting knowledge including strong understanding of debits and credits
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and written skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage several projects
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible, supportive and team oriented.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
- Reliable transportation
- Experience in a union office is a plus.
Salary & Benefits: $27 per hour. This is a part-time, temporary position and is not eligible for benefits.
To Apply: Please email résumé with cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position, as well as three references to Resume@theLAFED.org. No phone calls. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com