Contact Center Director : Oregon
SEIU Local 503
Contact Center Director
Job Title: Contact Center Director
Reports To: Deputy Director or Executive Director
Status: Exempt, Managerial, Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $73,812-$98,352 Annually
SEIU 503, the union of 65,000 care providers and public services workers in Oregon, is establishing a contact center to provide services and support to the union’s members and partner organizations. The Contact Center Director will be responsible for the set-up of the staff, technology, and infrastructure needed to successfully launch the program in the second half of 2019. As part of the SEIU 503 management team, the Director should be committed to our members’ vision of a just and vibrant society for all.
Job Summary: Direct the creation and operation of a contact center focused on delivering excellent member experience within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. Core responsibilities, either directly completed or via other members of the management team, include but are not limited to:
Contact Center development
Guide the establishment of the contact center. Responsibilities include:
- Developing a strategic start-up plan in consultation with union leadership, members, and staff
- Building out the needed technology, systems, and processes for a successful contact center operation
- Recruiting, onboarding, and supporting personnel to assist with the set-up and operation of the center
Lead contact center staff and managers in accordance with the organization’s practices and applicable laws, including:
- Interview, hire, train employees
- Mentor, coach, and support staff and managers’ development and accountability
- Oversee the effective training of new staff
- Share responsibility with management team for daily huddles
- Participate in and contribute to the union’s equity and inclusion efforts
- Plan, assign, and direct work
- Delegate projects and track their success
- Appraise performance
- Address complaints and inter-staff challenges in a constructive way
- Ensure Contact Center maintains a positive and productive team culture
Forecasting, Scheduling, and Coordinating Daily Operation
Ensure the effective daily operation of the center, including:
- Obtain and use available reporting and other technology to meet agreed-upon service level goals.
- Forecast and monitor call volume and service levels on daily, weekly, and monthly levels, adjusting staffing and schedules as needed.
- Manage staff shift selection procedure and processes.
- Ensure an effective and efficient non-phone casework system to allow staff time to complete active cases.
Unionwide and Partner Coordination
Coordinate with leaders and staff of SEIU 503 and partner organizations, including:
- Regular coordination meetings to report performance, discuss and update procedures, resolve challenges that arise.
- Manage and report out on campaign projects such as outbound call campaigns
- Track staff work time for billing purposes.
- Manage day-to-day issues with partner organizations.
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will be an experienced and effective leader of teams with experience operating in a customer/member-experience environment.
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, including supervision of other managers
- Knowledge/experience in contact center workforce management principles and techniques
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated success working with staff and members of of diverse backgrounds and identities
- 3+ years supervisory experience in an inbound call center with at least 20 staff
- Experience with labor, non-profit, or member-oriented organizations
- Ability to read, write, analyze reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from varying audiences including managers, partner organizations, members, and staff.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Computer skills: Call Center Management systems: SalesForce experience; Most Microsoft and G-Suite programs.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends as needed.
We are committed to hiring staff who reflect our membership and model the unity and equity that we seek to create in Oregon communities. Women, LGBTQ, people of color, people with disabilities and immigrants strongly encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter and résumé to Siobhan Martin – email@example.com
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com