Pension Payment Analyst : District of Columbia, Virginia
Pension Payment Analyst
Large multiemployer pension plan in Old Town Alexandria, VA is seeking a Pension Payment Analyst I responsible for processing documents required in handling deaths and setting up payments to pensioners and beneficiaries. This includes making appropriate benefit calculations, preparing accurate written correspondence to pensioners/beneficiaries, and coordinating the timely mailing of benefit checks with the Accounting Department. The Pension Payment Analyst I also has responsibilities in the areas of working pensioners, working pensioner recalculations, and the preparing the monthly “Pension Applications Processed” report, which is forwarded to the Trustees and local unions each month. The Pension Payment Analyst I is a trainee position which will be open to an analyst for a maximum of 24 months. It is expected that after 12 to 18 months in the position, the analyst will have progressed sufficiently to be promoted to a Pension Payment Analyst II.
- Reviews pension application documents and updates system for initial check processing.
- Processes initial and adjusted benefit payments to pensioners and beneficiaries.
- Processes death notifications of pensioners, and calculates and awards survivor benefits.
- Conducts research to determine survivor benefits through archived records on microfiche and the imaging database.
- Adds to or updates appropriate computer files to reflect the addition of new pensioners.
- Handles miscellaneous correspondence from pensioners and beneficiaries.
- Handles correspondence pertaining to working pensioners, overpayments and underpayments.
- Takes all necessary actions arising from working pensioner return to work notifications, the monthly working pensioner report, and the annual mandatory working pensioner report, including suspensions, reinstatements, and recalculations.
- Analyzes, recalculates, and re-awards separate benefits to retirees who return to work in covered employment and earn additional pension credit, if applicable.
- Takes action on all pensioner death processing reports.
- Prepares and sends follow-up letters to participants, and beneficiaries requesting post-award documents, and takes action to close files, as needed.
- Handles telephone inquiries from participants or beneficiaries relative to the payment of benefits, relevant documents, and the effect of certain options on the pension amount.
- Reviews the daily Pension Payment Group Inventory Report and takes the appropriate action.
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly Pension Applications Processed Report.
High School graduate with some college coursework or a minimum of one year office experience required. Must have excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) and have a pleasant and articulate telephone manner. Must be able to analyze, evaluate and apply pension plan rules and procedures and related federal laws and regulations; and make accurate mathematical calculations. Must have a record of working as a self-starter, accepting responsibility, working independently, and have a record of working well with others maintaining good public and intra-office relations. Must be detailed oriented and able to organize and prioritize work. Must be able to follow set procedures, but also be able to recognize and appropriately deal with deviations from normal procedures. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook (email and Calendar functions) and strong personal computer skills (Windows applications) are required. Good typing skills and ability to compose own correspondence and ability to work well under pressure are required.
SALARY: Starting salary $48,516 annually ($1,866 biweekly)
HOURS: 8:30AM – 4:30PM, weekdays
BENEFITS: Employer paid benefits include medical insurance, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability benefits, pension plan, plus 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts and free parking.
Submit resumes via our website www.ppnpf.org and click on Employment Opportunities to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com