Membership Services Office Coordinator : District of Columbia
Membership Services Office Coordinator
Department of Finance and Administration
The American Association of University Professors (AAUP) is pleased to announce a Membership Services Office Coordinator position to be filled as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity at a critically important time in the AAUP and in the academy. The position involves providing administrative support for the daily operation of the Membership Office and responding to issues as they arise. The position involves working with diverse individuals both inside and outside of the AAUP office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Point of contact for chapter rosters, including
- Running chapter rosters for Membership Office and other departments
- Preparing roster cover sheets for Member Services Associates’ processing work
- Reconciling membership rosters; and making the appropriate updates in the database
- Providing membership and chapter customer service, including
- Answering telephone inquiries from members and chapters and handling member and chapter requests
- Serving as point of contact for email requests received by the Membership Office
- Periodic phone calls to chapter leaders to verify billing, chapter officer contacts and address other concerns
- Running and analyzing database reports
- Maintaining membership database records, including
- Entering chapter cash receipts
- Processing orders for membership dues, publications, and meeting registrations in the database
- Editing and updating membership records in the database including change of address, status, ACH account, and other pertinent membership information
- Digitizing membership supporting documents and cash receipts
- Downloading Foundation donations from Action Network and entering into database
- Maintaining office equipment and supplies for the Membership Office
- Other duties as assigned
- One year’s experience in administrative support required; three years’ experience preferred.
- An associate’s degree required; four-year college degree preferred
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Demonstrable experience using database software preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet departmental benchmarks and deadlines
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives is required
Salary range: $45,000 for minimum qualifications; higher salary for preferred qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package.
This position is designated as a non-exempt administrative assistant staff in the Department of Finance and Administration and is part of the staff union bargaining unit.
To apply, email a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Membership Services Office Coordinator – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of the email. You may also mail your resume and cover letter to AAUP, Attention: Membership Services Office Coordinator Search, 1133 Nineteenth Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20036. No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The AAUP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or other characteristics unrelated to professional performance.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com