Development/Communication Director : Illinois, New York
Illinois and New York City, CY
Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national organization that aims to maximize the value of U.S. tax dollars spent on infrastructure and equipment to create good U.S. jobs, investments in strong apprenticeship and training programs, career opportunities for people facing barriers to employment, and access for groups that have historically been underrepresented in the transit industry.
JMA is currently seeking a full-time experienced Development/Communication Director that can join our team. The Development/Communication Director is responsible for overseeing the communications department, fundraising, donor relations, union fundraising, event planning, and publicity.
Development: (Work W/ Executive Director)
- Identify, research, and investigate new opportunities for funding from a wide array of philanthropic and individual sources.
- Initiate, cultivate, and maintain relationships with individual donors, foundation and corporate supporters, religious leaders, and local businesses.
- Plan and manage fundraising activities, including preparation of fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Compile necessary materials for grants and write narratives in collaboration with the Executive Director and Grant Writer.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director implement a strategic vision and written strategic fund development plan for increasing revenues from individuals, union and foundations.
- Develop yearly overall funding goal
- Create overarching strategic goals for the fund development program
- Develop the fund development budget to support the yearly plan.
- Keep informed of current development trends through continuing education and community involvement.
Communications: Responsible for overseeing the communications department and supervising Sr. Comm. Specialist.
- Develops and incorporates new media strategies and social media into communication campaign plans.
- Oversees in the development and implementation of strategic communications plans for all JMA campaigns.
- Performs other duties as required to support JMA Communications Department.
- Create and implement a strategic marketing plan for development including brochures, newsletters, direct mail, website content, e-blasts, seminars, and events to encourage major and planned gift inquiries and completed donations.
General Requirements/ Skills:
- Excellent management, public speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Work Experience: 5+ years’ experience in development. Expertise and marketing, communications is required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel & PowerPoint required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; M.B.A
- Flexibility: Must be willing to travel across the country as needed for donor cultivation
- The Development Director is expected to contribute to a culture based upon respect, teamwork and collaboration.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to economic & social justice and the labor movement.
- Willingness to travel, work long hours and weekends when necessary and ability to work independently.
Salary & Other Details: $65,000-$75,000 annually depending on education and experience plus benefits including medical, dental, vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days. This is an exempt position. Location of employment (NYC & IL)
Application Process: This position is available immediately. Position open until filled. Email your cover letter, resume, short writing sample and 3 professional references to: Jportillo@jobstomoveamerica.org. Include the position title in the subject line of your email. No calls, please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
JMA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE OF COLOR, WOMEN AND LGBTQ ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com