Partnership Coordinator, Reconnecting McDowell : West Virginia
Based in West Virginia
(with priority given to McDowell County residents)
Overview Reconnecting McDowell (“RM”) is a comprehensive, long-term effort to make educational improvement in McDowell County the route to a brighter economic future. Convened by the American Federation of Teachers, partners from business, foundations, government, nonprofit agencies and labor have committed to seeking solutions to McDowell County West Virginia’s complex problems—poverty, underperforming schools, drug and alcohol abuse, housing shortages, limited medical services, and inadequate access to technology and transportation.
The Partnership Coordinator serves as the key point of contact for RM’s partners. This position is responsible for interface with existing partners, tending those relationships, and maintaining good and open lines of communication between these partners and RM. The Partnership Coordinator will also seek out and develop new partnerships, and ensure that new partners are fully integrated into the ongoing programmatic work of RM. Overall, the Partnership Coordinator will develop a partnership program that ensures that partners have maximum opportunity for collaboration and engagement in RM’s work and that RM is responsive to the needs of the partners.
Key Expectations & Deliverables
- Oversee program development for the partnership work, ensuring that the program advances and is aligned with the strategic goals and plans of RM.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations, understanding the work of the partners, and seeking opportunities for RM and the partners to work together.
- Represent and advocate for the partners in the day-to-day work of RM, and advocate for RM in the work of the partners.
- Craft and implement effective communications mechanisms with the partners, ensuring that they are aware of RM activities and opportunities for collaboration.
- Maintaining an accurate roster of partners and their commitments to RM.
- Assist with grant writing, and partner support at biennial Partner meetings.
The successful candidate is an experienced professional, with demonstrated, successful project management experience. Creative and innovative thinker with great interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work cooperatively in a team environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including social media. Some travel required. This position is located in West Virginia and priority will be given to McDowell County residents. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send your resume and a one-page cover letter that highlights relevant qualifications to Julie Rubin at ReconnectingMcDowell@AFT.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com