Help Desk Agent : New York
Help Desk Agent
New York City, NY
The Hotel Trades Council, AFL-CIO, is the union for hotel workers in the New York City metropolitan area (including Northern New Jersey) and Capital Region of New York State. The union is currently seeking applications for the following position within its IT/Development Department: Help Desk Agent. We look to hire the best of the best and so are always accepting applications for these positions.
For more information about our organization, please see our recruitment video at: http://www.hotelworkers.org/article/Work-for-HTC.
In this key role you would be primarily responsible for managing user support requests and managing help request tickets, as well as working to empower our 100+ users to make the most efficient use of their technology. In addition to this, time will be devoted each week to supporting our network infrastructure, including server management, network monitoring, backups, and making recommendations on DevOps projects.
In this fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, candidates should be able to work in a team, handle many projects at once while staying organized, and communicate clearly to users with limited technical know-how. An ability to work under pressure and to grasp complex development structures is a necessity.
Responsibilities may include:
- Support help-desk workflow and maintain responsive communication with users
- Assist with troubleshooting including: software installs, printers and resolving user issues
- Assist with regular maintenance tasks on servers and workstations (Mac/Windows/Linux)
- Updating and maintaining documentation, both physical & digital, including: asset inventory, software licenses, vendor information, warranties, configurations, and serial numbers
- Configure and deploy user computers & phones
Additional consideration given for:
- Linux server management experience
- Development experience with OpenSource systems for managing IT infrastructure
- Specific knowledge of PHP framework
- Commitment to social justice
- Multilingual (especially Spanish or Chinese)
- Experience using FileMaker Pro 6-12
- Knowledge of Windows XP and 7 desktop support
Any successful member of our team who distinguishes him/herself, demonstrates commitment and resourcefulness, and develops an understanding of the union and its operations will have numerous opportunities for advancement in a number of interesting and challenging areas.
Salary & Benefits:
Starting salary will be $45,000 – $60,000, depending on experience.
Excellent benefits and retirement package.
In addition to a resume and references, applicants must include a cover letter. The cover letter should be clear and concise and explain which position you are applying for, the specific reasons for your interest in the position, and specify (with appropriate explanation) which of each of the listed qualifications you possess and which ones you do not possess.
Please refer to individual job postings for any additional application materials that may be required or recommended. The cover letter, resume, references and additional materials should be emailed to:
The New York Hotel Trades Council, AFL-CIO, is an equal opportunity employer. All persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com