Field Director : Oregon
Based in Portland, OR
SEIU 503 is a union of 55,000 public workers, care providers, and non-profit employees in Oregon. We envision a just and vibrant society where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and where all workers can provide for themselves and their families.
Purpose of the Position:
With shared vision and purpose we will drive organizational change and effectiveness through a focus on staff and team development, accountability, and equity and inclusion.
Duties that must be performed to accomplish the purpose of the position:
- Supervise the daily work of Field Coordinators and internal organizers; coordinate the orderly operation of all statewide field organizing projects. Participate in administrative and strategic planning for the Union and coordinate planning activities with Field Coordinators and staff organizers. Implement policy decisions of the Union as they impact the Union’s internal field program.
- Supervise Field Coordinators and internal organizing staff, including implementation of the Union’s field program, accountability structures and personnel issues.
- Supervise and oversee all internal organizing projects, including collective bargaining, politics, contract enforcement, leader recruitment, training and development and membership and CAPE drives.
- Coordinate all statewide projects for contract campaigns, politics, and worker empowerment.
- Train, mentor and develop organizers in all aspects of Union organizing work.
- Coordinate meetings of Field Coordinators and organizers (team and one-on-one) that include planning, reporting, evaluating and implementing accountability structures that relate to the Union’s overall strategic plan.
- Coordinate coalition building and participate in coalition activities consistent with the overall mission of our Union. Participate in union-wide membership drives, political campaigns and other field activities as assigned which may include worksite visits, phone banking, house visits, door-to-door canvassing and literature drops.
Office and filed work involving travel to areas represented throughout the state and in a variety of environmental situations. The workweek is Monday through Friday plus weekend work as needed. The workday may begin and extend beyond normal office hours depending on the demands of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, bi- or multi-lingual, people are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: A resume and cover letter describing your relevant experience may be sent by e-mail to Siobhan Martin: email@example.com.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com