Office Manager : Maryland
Calvert Education Association
Prince Frederick, MD
Who We Are
The Calvert Education Association (CEA) is a union of teachers and professional certified staff committed to unifying all educators, building strong schools within our community, and cultivating successful students in Calvert County Public Schools.
What We Are Looking For
CEA is seeking a full-time Office Manager for our Prince Frederick, MD office. The Office Manager will serve as a 10.5-month permanent employee whose schedule will generally follow that of the calendar of Calvert County Public Schools (CCPS). This schedule accounts for most scheduled holidays and vacations.
The Office Manager shall work closely with the UniServ Director, Presidents, the Executive Boards and committee chairpersons to make sure that the goals of the Associations are being met. Additionally, s/he shall be knowledgeable about the CEA/CAESS Executive Boards, the Representative Assembly and all other Association Activities. Some specific duties include:
- Provide office and secretarial assistance as requested for the UniServ Director, CEA President and Executive Board
- Maintain records as requested
- Coordinate with state and national affiliates
- Coordinate with local vendors for regularly scheduled events
- Maintain a running calendar of authorized leave for union leadership
- Preparation of basic tax documents
- Modifying the union website as necessary
- Coordinating with CCPS to maintain up to date membership rolls
- Oversee the payment of utilities and other office bills
- Provision of similar duties to the CEA sister union, the Calvert Association of Educational Support Staff (CAESS) as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Five (5) years of experience in an office setting overseeing general operations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Demonstrate ability to perform basic accounting and bookkeeping
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- A general knowledge of Calvert County Public Schools is desirable but not required
The starting salary is commensurate with regional market standards for secretarial assistance in Calvert County, MD.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be asked to fill out a basic employment application and will be subject to a background check following an interview.
CEA will be accepting applications until June 21, 2017 at 5:00pm.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com