Communications Specialist (Digital Media) : California
Communications Specialist (Digital Media)
SEIU Local 1000 is a cutting-edge labor union representing 95,000 state employees throughout California. We are seeking an experienced online organizer and communications ninja with the strategic sense, campaign experience, style and guts to do things differently. We want you to lead our effort to build relationships, engagement and power within our membership and our communities through compelling digital content and engagement organizing.
- Develop and implement a strategy that grows our online community and engages audiences in union, political and community campaigns
- Engage union and community activists in online campaigns; test messaging that best resonates with key audiences; and mobilize members and our communities to participate in organizing efforts
- Incorporate new media techniques into the culture of our union and increase the effectiveness, reach and level of member participation
- Use online metric tools to continuously analyze, assess and develop recommendations for digital organizing strategies
- Create and edit engaging, creative and accurate content
- Provide leadership in recommendations for developing a culture of online activism among officers, members and staff
- Assist internal stakeholders to develop digital strategies for key initiatives
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with:
- CRMs such as Blue State Digital, Salsa or Convio
- Video editing and photography
- Strong project management, writing, and editing skills required
- Demonstrated ability to produce online campaign and advocacy materials
- Commitment to metrics, accountability and goal tracking
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task
- Understanding of and commitment to union and economic justice issues
- Experience building a culture of online participation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Political Science or related field preferred, but not required
- Two years’ experience in using social media for advocacy or campaign purposes
- Examples of online campaign materials/writing will be required at interview
- This position may be classified as a senior position, depending on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please go to: http://www.seiu1000.org/employment-opportunities to submit your information including a cover letter, resume and current salary:
Cover letters should describe your qualifications, experience and career goals, as well as a brief description of why you want to work to realize Local 1000’s vision for building a strong union.
SEIU is committed to building a diverse workforce. We offer excellent benefits, including paid health benefits for employee and family, liberal paid time off and competitive salary. All applicants must be able to furnish proof of authorization to work in the United States.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com