Labor Liaison for Membership Growth : California
Labor Liaison for Membership Growth
Kaiser Permanente has a long and proud history of working with organized labor and is committed to being the health plan of choice for working families. Kaiser Permanente works with its Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions in partnership to grow membership and ensure all workers have that high quality health care coverage that Kaiser Permanente can provide. To help meet these goals, Kaiser Permanente has a Labor Liaison position open in its Northern California region.
- Responsible for ensuring that Kaiser Permanente is maximizing its unique Labor Management Partnership and high quality delivery system to maintain and grow its health insurance coverage for unionized employers and purchasers of health care in Northern California.
- Serves as a team lead to multiple Kaiser Permanente account teams (e.g. Public Sector, Labor & Trust, Mid-Large) and works collaboratively with the Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions to achieve strategic initiatives of the Labor-Management Partnership.
- Collaborates with Kaiser Permanente’s management sales plans, strategies and tactics from a labor perspective. Helps manage complex and politically sensitive unionized accounts in both the public and private sector.
- Establishes and maintains effective labor relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders, including consultants and brokers.
- Stays current on industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Ensure that account data regarding union representation is current, accurate and complete on internal computer systems.
- Collaborates with other business lines to develop strategies that increase membership, and to communicate these best practices to the marketing team.
- Represents the marketing department on committees and work groups, makes presentations to internal audiences about market trends, and represents KP externally, including working with labor, community groups or industry organizations.
- Manages special projects that impact the organization’s market position and benefits the entire account base.
- At the direction of the regional Coalition National Coordinator, inform and engage regional Coalition affiliates about the work she/he is doing.
- In partnership with the Coalition and the regional SAM, engages the “union ambassadors” in union related work.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience, to include a minimum of two (2) years in a consulting role.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a healthcare environment or other relevant environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/health care administration or related discipline OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- May establish cross-functional task forces.
- Must be able to work in a Labor-Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in collective bargaining and employee benefits required and/or in health care marketing, preferably with exposure to the Northern California health care market
- Knowledge of and experience with employee health benefits in a union environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective handling of difficult client issues related to health plan services and policies
- Effective account management skills
- Knowledge of healthcare products and contracts
The Labor Liaison for Membership Growth position is based in Oakland.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Brenda Muñoz at Brenda.R.Munoz@kp.org. Please put “Labor Liaison Applicant” in your email subject line.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com