Labor Relations Specialist : Minnesota
Minnesota Nurses Association
345 Randolph Avenue #200, St. Paul, MN 55102
Fax: 651-695-7000 Web:www.mnnurses.org
Labor Relations Specialist
Based in St. Paul, MN (National Search)
NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING
POSITION TITLE: Labor Relations Specialist
DATE: April 6, 2017
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Labor Relations Manager
Works to promote and achieve the goals and priorities of the Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA). Working with a team to plan and implement the initiatives of MNA in accordance with Association policy. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work as Chief Negotiator in negotiating collective bargaining agreements for organized bargaining units;
- Organizing members to advance MNA’s position on various contract proposals, grievances, or other strategic campaigns;
- Investigating potential contract violations and representing nurses throughout the grievance process;
- Representing nurses in labor-management committees;
- Member education and training on topics including: representing members as local stewards, labor and employment related law, collective bargaining campaign strategies, participation in workplace actions and other union activities;
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Labor Relations
- Travel is required, including overnight stays.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of unions, labor relations, and labor law required. Experience as a union advocate in areas of internal and/or external organizing, contract negotiations, and contract administration is required. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the health care industry is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate others are essential. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are necessary. One year experience as a union representative (business agent/UniServ consultant) preferred.
SALARY: Staring salary of $71,744, but initial placement depends on experience and could be higher than $71,744. Step increases per collective bargaining agreement. MNA is an EEO/AA Employer.
CONTACT: Send your resume and cover letter to Cynthia Campos at Cynthia.Campos@mnnurses.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com