Lead Organizer, Oregon Higher Education Organizing Project : Oregon
Oregon Higher Education Organizing Project
The Oregon Higher Education Organizing Project seeks a lead organizer who wants to join the fight to preserve and strengthen quality public higher education, academic freedom and graduate employee working conditions. This is a full-time project based position to work on organizing campaigns in the Portland area. This project is a joint venture with the American Federation of Teachers.
- Two or more years organizing experience with a labor union
- Dedicated to social and economic justice, and public education
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Experience creating quality campaign literature
- Ability to develop the skills of new organizers and activists
- Valid driver’s license and automobile in good working order
- Sense of humor
- Experience working as a lead organizer
- Experience working with organized professional workforce
- Knowledge of higher education landscape and issues
- Graduate degree
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits set by collective bargaining agreement.
Where to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume at the following link –
This project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all are encouraged to apply. </span></span>
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com