Executive Director : Nebraska
Nebraska Association of Public Employees
AFSCME Local 61
Based in Lincoln, NE
Salary and Benefits: Salary to be discussed at interview; employer paid health, life, dental and vision insurance for employee only – partial pay family; paid sick days, holidays, and vacation, retirement plan.
This position reports directly to the NAPE Board Chair. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist all negotiations with employers.
- Researching comparable wages/benefits for negotiations with employers
- Direct all organizing activity of the local.
- Carry out the local’s legislative program.
- Be responsible for the content of the local’s publications and public statements.
- Be the local’s official spokesperson.
- Represent local in coalitions with partners
- Subject to policies established by the executive board, employ, assign, supervise and terminate, and establish the compensation and other terms and conditions of employment, of such clerical, technical, field and other staff as may be necessary to carry out the activities of the local.
- Engage legal counsel and such technical and professional services as may be needed in accordance with policies established by the executive board.
- Execute the policies of the local, as determined by the executive board and the membership, and be responsible for their observance by the local’s staff.
- In advance of each fiscal year, submit a proposed budget to the executive board, which budget shall be subject to revision and approval by the executive board, and ensure that there is no significant deviation from the budget without the prior approval of the executive board.
- Report to the membership and the executive board on the activities of the local and submit plans and proposals to meet the current and future needs of the local.
- Required to work long and varying hours including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Travel both statewide and out of state with overnights and periods away from home may be required.
- Knowledge of workers, the workplace, labor, legislative and political issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to relate, establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Experience with organizing campaigns
- Experience with grievance handling. Experience with arbitration preferred.
- Skilled at managing and meeting many and varying deadlines
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills as demonstrable by the ability to assess information and evidence and act strategically
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills showing flexibility as needed; adept at dealing with conflicting/changing priorities
- Effective training skills
- Ability to work and organize independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of computer programs necessary to complete work requirements
Closes: April 28, 2017
How to Apply:
Mail: NAPE/AFSCME, 5625 O St, Suite 10, Lincoln, NE 68510
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com