Union Representative/Organizer – Southern California : California
The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) is growing and looking for a talented, hard-working individual committed to building a powerful and democratic union. The successful candidate for this position will have union experience, preferably in healthcare, organizing workers already represented under collective bargaining agreements. S/he will be values-driven, self-motivated and resourceful.
NUHW is an independent, member-led union, dedicated to improving the lives of healthcare workers and the people we care for. We are building a national movement of caregivers to hold healthcare corporations accountable to the public interest and to win affordable, quality healthcare for all.
- Ability to motivate and lead workers in struggle
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Effective communication skills – listening, spoken and written
- Capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of labor law in areas such as NLRA, FLSA, Title 22, Cal OSHA, etc.
- Formal and informal negotiating skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including email, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and use of the Internet
- Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
Must have a car, driver’s license and insurance; cell phone with email capability.
For more information about NUHW, go to our website at www.NUHW.org.
Compensation: Salary $53,000-92,000 plus $6,000 auto allowance, employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits for employee and family; life insurance for employee; holidays, sick leave, vacation; 401(k) with 14% employer contribution.
How to Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to: email@example.com.
Put your beliefs and skills into action. Apply today and be part of making history!
NUHW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified
people of all backgrounds to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com