Union Contract Administrator / Labor Relations Specialist : Michigan
Union Contract Administrator / Labor Relations Specialist
East Lansing, MI
The Clerical-Technical Union of Michigan State University, an independent labor union with approximately 1400 members, is seeking a contract administrator/organizer. Candidates must have strong skills in labor relations, interpreting and policing union contracts, resolving grievances and other workplace problems, and assisting in member engagement. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of experience as a labor advocate.
Job duties include:
- Investigate, process, and provide recommendations for resolution for member grievances;
- Prepare and present labor reports and maintain appropriate files;
- Work with members on contract interpretation;
- Able to plan and prioritize cases strategically to meet grievance timelines;
- Assist with arbitrations;
- Serve as a resource person for wide variety of union activities;
- Train, recruit, and develop members in matters regarding grievance handling, representational matters, union issues, and leadership building, etc.;
- Work collaboratively with staff, executive board, and University administration to maintain and foster positive professional relationships;
- Support contract negotiations, organizing campaigns, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email a resume with cover letter to Tracy@ctumsu.organdDeb@ctumsu.org. You may also fax the documents to 517-353-3284, or mail them to CTU of MSU, ATTN: Deb Bittner, 2990 E. Lake Lansing Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823.
The posting closes on April 15, 2017.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com