Organizers – Two Openings : Louisiana
Jefferson Parish, LA
This is a full time organizing position working in the Jefferson Parish Schools which is located near New Orleans. This position is responsible for a variety of aspects of a campaign including building relationships with workers, developing issues-based organizing plans for assigned areas, and for recruiting and sustaining motivation of organizing committee members and activists.
Candidates should have strong one-on-one organizing skills, deep knowledge of the education workplace, significant experience working with diverse populations, and a commitment to a participatory and progressive labor movement. Work will be based in Jefferson Parish, but may require some statewide and national travel.
- Strong one-on-one organizing skills
- Ability to manage time and coordinate multiple projects in high-stress situations
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and to facilitate positive group interactions
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Basic computing knowledge, including experience with Microsoft Office
- US citizenship or other authorization to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- Immediate availability
- Education experience in traditional public schools or charter school environment
- Community or union organizing experience, particularly in the Detroit area
- Leadership development and training experience
- Advanced computing knowledge, particularly experience with databases
The Jefferson Federation of Teachers Organizing Project is an affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume online by by clicking on the following link —
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com