Online Organizer : Washington
Based in Seattle, WA
Working Washington’s mission is to build a powerful workers’ movement that can dramatically improve wages and working conditions, and change the local and national conversation about wealth, inequality, and the value of work. Working Washington fast food strikers sparked the fight that won Seattle’s landmark $15 minimum wage. We successfully drove Amazon to sever ties with the right-wing lobby group ALEC and improve conditions in their sweatshop warehouses. We helped lead the winning campaign in SeaTac for a $15 living wage. And just last year we passed the nation’s strongest secure scheduling law in Seattle, and helped raise the minimum wage across the whole state.
We are seeking a creative, talented, and ambitious person to help lead a top-notch online organizing program which can substantially grow our movement and build the power of workers in our state.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge of online and field organizing tools and tactics; a creative, experimental approach to online organizing; and a strong ability to independently move projects forward.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Conceive, draft, and execute compelling content for multiple channels and audiences that engage followers and move them to action, engagement, and leadership
- Dream up and execute creative new ideas for online organizing tools & tactics — because who wants to be petition factory?
- Establish distinct, appropriate, and consistent voice in various online channels
- Help lead Working Washington’s social media and web presence, in coordination with communications staff
- Contribute to organizational fundraising, both online and offline.
- Engage workers, Working Washington supporters, and the public at large through multiple modes and tools, both one-to-many and one-to-one
- Grow our list, maintain online organizing datasystems, and track supporters’ level of engagement
- Develop new online supporters into online leaders with Working Washington
- Contribute to shaping online organizing components of overall campaign strategy
- Experiment with innovative and forward-thinking tools & tactics to advance our campaigns, and be ready to adjust strategies as campaigns progress
- Participate in rallies, marches, and other events
- Work directly with workers and community supporters as needed to fulfill campaign goals, including doorknocking, phonebanking, and other political and campaign work.
- Dedication to the mission of Working Washington
- Capacity to write quickly and clearly on a variety of topics without being boring
- Comfort with various social media and online platforms
- Ability to move broad and deep engagement on various social media platforms
- Eagerness to engage with low-wage workers across the state and amplify their voices
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Fluency in written Spanish a major plus
Staff union pay scale, based on experience. Generous benefits package, including fully-paid family health care, employer matched 401k, and vacation and sick leave.
Please send a résumé and cover letter, along with one or two relevant writing samples by February 27, 2017, to email@example.com
Working Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com