Field Payroll & Benefits Associate : Ohio
Field Payroll & Benefits Associate
With 3 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don’t have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people in urban and suburban communities around a shared economic agenda.
The Field Payroll & Benefits Associate is responsible for supporting the day-to-day payroll functions related to field employees, including the collection, review, and entry of field personnel documentation and transactions to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and human resources. This position also provides general support to administration and field operations.
Reports to: Deputy Director of Field Operations
- Responsible for the analysis and processing of weekly and biweekly multi-state payroll data, including verification of payroll figures and records for accuracy; Input, review and verify payroll figures for Working America field staff, including employee reimbursements and similar transactions; Serve as primary backup for DCHQ payroll and benefits staff;
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of documents relating to new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and other similar responsibilities for Working America field staff;
- Ensure field staff payroll is distributed in a correct and timely manner;
- Serve/support as point of contact for payroll-related questions from field staff;
- Know, interpret, and apply all internal policies and procedures, to include all Collective Bargaining Agreements, related to payroll and benefits matters;
- Support the Field Administrative Specialist as needed to ensure accurate and timely data from the field;
- Assist with audit and balancing of field paydata as needed;
- Assist with researching employee information including, but not limited to, retro pay, seniority and timecard access;
- Prepare and maintain payroll-related records and reports as needed;
- Provide training and guidance to field and office administrative staff on time and attendance processing;
- Assist with annual payroll and benefit related disclosures, including, but not limited to W-2s and 401(k) notices;
- Attend and participate in department meetings as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in administrative, payroll, and office support, working in a fast-paced office environment;
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- Experience with database management and accounting payroll software;
- Experience with ADP or equivalent payroll system and DocuSign;
- Ability to travel as needed to help set up or close down offices or serve as a backup to administrative staff;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Google Docs;
- Detail-oriented, and ability to execute discretion when handling sensitive information;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work long and irregular hours.
- Columbus, OH
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
Competitive salary includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution.
Working America is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this position online at: https://workingamerica.hirecentric.com/jobs/122176.html
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com