Regional Education Navigator : Washington
Regional Education Navigator
Part Time .5 FTE
Based in Bellingham, WA
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet the changing needs of the labor/management partnership.
The SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training Fund (Training Fund) is a non-profit, labor/management partnership between nine major healthcare employers and the largest healthcare union in Washington State. The Training Fund was formed in 2008 and is a state-wide program that addresses workforce needs of participating employers and supports the career, knowledge and skill aspirations of SEIU Healthcare 1199NW union members.
The part time Regional Education Navigator position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of a variety of Training Fund programs and services across Northern Washington, primarily in Bellingham, WA. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Education Services and Navigation (based out of Renton, WA) to implement Training Fund outreach and communications projects, provide college navigation services to eligible healthcare workers and adhere to Training Fund benefit administration processes. The Regional Education Navigator works to build lasting partnerships with our members, the union, employers and community partners.
Level of Authority:
Performs duties independently and with a team, setting priorities and scheduling own work with the program director, and organizational policies and procedures.
Work is performed in a complex setting both inside, and outside of the office, with frequent adjustments and the need to work with a diversity of people and tasks. Position may require frequent visits to local internal or external collaborators, members, and other partners, in addition to travel to meetings, assessment or training locations, some of which may include overnight trips. Regular participation in meetings (in person and/or virtually) with Training Fund staff in Renton, WA will be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the coordination of Training Fund programs over a specific geographic area.
- Provides college navigation services to eligible members to include career counseling, career planning & educational navigation services. Assist members to develop their career goals and identify service options.
- Supports the retention of working adult students in education programs from initial enrollment to graduation, assisting to remove barriers to member success. Interview members at their worksite to assess needs.
- In collaboration with the Director of Outreach and Communications, coordinates the creation and editing of local recruitment and outreach materials. Ensures that local information is accurate on the website and communicates needed updates to the Communications team.
- In collaboration with the Education Support Services Lead, connects members to academic services provided through the Training Fund, including tutoring English language learning and basic skills, and to services at local community colleges.
- Reviews application materials, inform members of rights and responsibilities in regards to using funding and maintain member confidentiality.
- In conjunction with the administration team, assures the accuracy and completeness of data collected for the program, including data pertaining to eligibility and selection, employer utilization and student outcomes.
- In collaboration with IT and Data Lead, collects and reviews data for monthly and annual program reports.
- Develops, and works independently to maintain positive relationships with area union leaders, employers, community colleges and other program partners.
- Coordinates with Training Fund staff assigned to other program areas to deliver programs targeted for members in the region.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Job Functions:
- May be required to make presentations to members, partners, or other audiences.
- May participate as member of a team that analyzes program performance and recommends procedures and new systems to improve efficiency and outcomes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in adult education/training or workforce development field.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter and have strong skills in multi-tasking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, face-to-face, telephone and email interactions.
- Personable, friendly, and customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrated success working independently and on a team to meet performance goals.
- A commitment to working with diverse members, staff and employer partners who have a variety of work and communication styles.
- Ability to connect with and motivate potential members to engage in education and training programs.
- Knowledge of underrepresented populations in higher education.
- Knowledge and experience with career counseling and educational case management/navigation practices.
- Experience managing an active case load.
- Experience in a union or labor management environment or an understanding of unions and ability to work in a labor/management environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and record keeping skills.
- Flexibility regarding hours, some weekend and/or late hours may be required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database tracking systems such as ETO.
- A valid Washington State driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bilingual skills desired.
- Knowledge and experience with healthcare training programs throughout the Washington State college system.
- Experience working in an environment with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in adult education, social services, healthcare or related field – or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent demonstrated experience) preferred.
- Starting salary range: $27,000 – $29,000 annually DOE/DOQ.
- Generous benefit package.
Please email resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Ms. Casey Ruiz at: CRuiz@HealthCareerFund.org. The Position is open until filled. First review of resumes will be November 30, 2017.
The SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training and Education Fund has a non-discrimination policy and is an equal opportunity employer. Women, persons of color, bilingual/multilingual and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com