Director of Fundraising Events & Partnerships : District of Columbia, New York
Director of Fundraising Events & Partnerships
Washington, DC and New York City, NY
The Center for Popular Democracy promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with 50 partner organizations in 35 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD is a rapidly-expanding, dynamic organization that offers an exciting opportunity to drive ambitious campaigns and partner with community-based organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position
The Director of Fundraising Events & Partnerships, a senior member of CPD’s Development Team, will be responsible for planning a range of large and small, high-impact fundraising events across the United States. S/he will work to develop value-adding relationships with the people and institutions to make these events successful, and to advance our mission and broader fundraising activities.
- Plan and implement 2-4 large scale ‘gala’ events per year, in addition to 4-6 smaller house party, cocktail, and donor cultivation events;
- Lead development of engaging event programs, including identifying, recruiting and stewarding honorees, speakers, celebrity endorsers and performer;
- Plan and coordinate all event logistics including selection and management of venues, vendors, room set-up, equipment, catering and staffing;
- Develop and drive robust event revenue plans, and ensure revenue targets are met;
- Identify and establish networks of individuals, supportive of the organizations and willing to support events through participation on host committees;
- Work with marketing teams to develop all event-related communications including: email marketing, website, social media, and direct mail;
- Implement a robust post-event donor and attendee communications and follow up program;
- Coordinate closely with CPD’s Public Affairs and full development Teams; and
- Catalyze a range of other partnerships for CPD that advance our mission and development goals.
- 8+ years hands-on experience of events.
- Demonstrated ability to envision an ambitious strategy to use events to cultivate donors and build reputation, and execute on that strategy
- Ability to plan and administer multiple concurrent projects; Knowledge of event scheduling, production, administration and sponsorship;
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Experience demonstrating strategic thinking and presenting informed recommendations, clearly and succinctly.
- Excellent copywriting, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to write clear, compelling, informative, marketing-oriented and/or explanatory copy for events.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with management, colleagues, clients and vendor audiences
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurances; 15 vacation days per year to start; 10 sick and safe days per year; 7 paid holidays per year; and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume through the following link: cpd.hiringthing.com/job/55347/director-of-fundraising-events-partnerships
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com