Education & Training Associate (exempt) : California
Education & Training Associate (exempt)
Position will include supporting the Director of Education, Operations and Organizational Development and the Training, Education and MAT (Team) Committee of the Local’s Board. Must be experienced with a fast-paced work environment, capable of handling a multiple number of diverse assignments, and able to take leadership on planning and coordination of training and education events for both staff and rank and file members. Labor or campaign experience preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supports the Director of Education, Operations and Organizational Development with all administrative and logistical details related to the development and delivery of member and staff training and development programs, to include site, facilitators, content, materials, and logistics.
- Design and implement training programs for worksite leaders and union staff.
- Write and develop curricula on a variety of topics such as member organizing, representation, political action, leadership development, and training-of-trainers (TOT).
- Creates, tracks, and manages detailed project plans for multiple projects.
- (Co) facilitates trainings, retreats, and training-of-trainer events.
- Communicates project status to project stakeholders on a regular basis. Proactively identifies obstacles, brings them to attention, and works to resolve them. Routes materials through approvals as needed.
- Develops and maintains a course catalog of curricula and training materials in concert with ongoing content development activities.
- Coordinates logistical aspects of all education and training events, staff & member retreats, and conferences with Travel Coordinator, Lead Facilitators, and Administrative Manager; including on-site support, registration, transportation, reservations, vendor management, meeting space specifications, A/V and materials shipment, food and beverage requirements and accommodations.
- Assists with the production of course training materials (e.g., handouts, workbooks, flash drives or CDs, badges, sign-in sheets, certificates) and ensures high quality, consistency and timely production.
- Assists members with questions and issues and monitors the education/conference e-mail inbox.
- Collects, manages and presents the final course evaluation summary reports to facilitator(s) and stakeholders.
- Liaising with Board Committees, lead and coordinate the recruitment, planning design and delivery of annual member conference.
- Collect, update and develop as needed appropriate training materials and curricula for use with member & staff development trainings.
- Develop and maintain overall annual Calendar of Training Events for both staff and member trainings.
- Create and maintain electronic archive for staff and member education and development.
- Perform/assist with other training and development duties as assigned by the Director of Education, Operations and Organizational Development.
Ideal Applicant will possess:
- 3-5 years of experience as a union or community organizer or union field representative.
- Excellent program development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write curricula, using a variety of adult teaching techniques appropriate for action-oriented education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write reports, make presentations, facilitate meetings, and conduct training.
- Strong commitment to the labor movement and/or social justice work.
- Good knowledge of Unions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relations with diverse membership and staff.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Ability to take initiative, to work with a team, and to handle a fast-paced setting, multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, and traveling over a statewide geographic area.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Documents, Access, Word and PowerPoint, as well as working knowledge of spreadsheets and database software.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Stand for long periods of time when leading training.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and 3 references with Education & Training Associate in the subject line to: email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com