Coordinator of Field Services for Higher Education Faculty : Massachusetts
Coordinator of Field Services for Higher Education Faculty
Based in Boston, MA
SEIU Local 509 is a fast growing, progressive union representing over 18,000 state workers, publicly funded but privately employed workers, faculty and Family Childcare Providers in Massachusetts.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Supervises internal organizers
- Oversees negotiations at universities
- Coordinates internal organizers’ work with other components of the Local Union such as, grievance representation, organizing and politics
- Consults with and advises Higher Education chapter leadership regarding chapter issues, strategies and tactics
- Coordinates community, research and political support for Higher Education bargaining and contract campaigns
- At least 4 years of union experience at a senior level
- At least 1 year experience with a faculty union
- At least 1 year supervisory experience
- Willingness to work long hours, travel in and out of Massachusetts, and work on weekends and evenings
- Good knowledge of contract interpretation, and federal and state employment laws
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Web based membership databases such as: Emembership, VAN, or Unionware
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Local 509 provides excellent benefits. Depending on experience and qualifications the salary for this position ranges from 70-80K.
SEIU Local 509 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vt9gw72mx3hfxypt
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com