Full-Time Organizer – AFT Nevada Local 6181 : Nevada
AFT Nevada Local 6181
Based in Fallon, NV
AFT Nevada is seeking a full-time organizer. The position will be responsible for building relationships with workers, developing issues-base organizing plans for assigned areas, and for recruiting and sustaining motivation of organizing committee members and activists. This project is a joint venture between the American Federation of Teachers and the AFT Nevada Local 6181.
Primary duties will include:
- One-on-one internal organizing, including mapping the workplace, having conversations with potential, new, and current members of the chapters;
- Identifying, recruiting, and training potential leaders;
- Keeping detailed notes and managing confidential data;
- Enter assessments and other data collected in a database on a weekly basis;
- Supporting contract campaigns;
- Motivating members and setting an example in organizing and meeting commitments;
- Occasionally, be assigned to other parts of the state or country as required.
- Willing to work long and irregular hours;
- Grassroots union or community organizing experience;
- High degree of personal integrity;
- Strong interest in and commitment to unions and the labor movement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral communication, listening, motivational skills, and attention to detail;
- Computing skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and databases
- In possession of an insured vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume by clicking on the link below —
Equal Opportunity Employer and all are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com