Administrative Assistant : New Jersey, New York
Based in Midtown Manhattan, NY
For more information about our organization, please see our recruitment video at: http://www.hotelworkers.org/article/Work-for-HTC.
Our fast-paced and dynamic organization in Midtown Manhattan is seeking a Administrative Assistant to support the legal department. The Hotel Trades Council is the union for hotel workers in the NYC metro area, Capital Region of NY State and Northern New Jersey.
Successful candidates will have a cooperative attitude and strong aptitude for learning quickly, with the ability to identify what they need to know and take the initiative to seek out relevant resources. They will have the ability to grow in this role and take on increased responsibility. They will think creatively to solve problems efficiently, be flexible and organized, and pay thorough attention to details. They should be able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing schedules & shared calendars
- Maintaining files, both physical & electronic
- Preparing meeting materials
- Taking minutes during meetings
- Create and maintain legal binders
- Managing phone calls and messages
- Maintaining accurate data in complex databases
- Coordinating multiple projects
- Answering department telephone in a professional manner
- Maintain condiments station and keep office organized
- Manage office supplies
Extra consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Multilingual (especially Spanish or Chinese)
- Commitment to social justice
Any successful Administrative Assistant who distinguishes him/herself, demonstrates commitment and resourcefulness, and develops an understanding of the union and its operations will have numerous opportunities for advancement in a number of interesting and challenging areas.
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting salary will be commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits and retirement package.
- Our organization is an equal opportunity employer. All persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation and sexual orientation are actively encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter, references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com