Statewide Organizer : New York
Based in Albany, NY
CSEA, New York’s leading union, is seeking resumes for a Statewide Organizer. Starting salary is $58,212. Responsibilities include all aspects of organizing campaigns and building the union including:
- Performs all phases of organizing activities such as targeting, research, developing leads, progress assessment, recruitment, issue development, strategizing, escalating tactics, voter assessment, GOTV strategies with the objective of increasing CSEA’s membership.
- Develops and applies a thorough working knowledge of labor and employment laws in the campaign setting, especially as pertains to exerting pressure on the employer.
- Acts as lead organizer in campaigns including recruiting and educating volunteers, making assignments and ensuring accountability.
- Gathers, analyzes, manages and uses data and information essential to organizing.
- Builds internal and external (i.e. community) relationships and supports campaigns.
A Bachelor’s Degree in labor relations or a related field OR three (3) years of responsible work experience in union organizing, union building, political or community organizing that demonstrates a planned approach to campaign development. OR A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
NOTE: Candidates must possess a valid New York State driver’s license and car for business use in order to be appointed. Significant travel required.
Submit resume to: Director of Human Resources, PO Box 7125, Capitol Station, Albany, NY 12224 or email email@example.com. Please note SO-UJ on all correspondence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com