Field Representative : Massachusetts
Based in Raynham, MA
Worker Category: Fulltime
- Ensures the active participation of local associations and their members in the political and legislative activities of the MTA/NEA.
- Pursues active and aggressive program of public relations with civic and community groups and leaders in the Representative’s region.
- Conducts periodic assessments of membership needs and appropriately periodic evaluations of the quality of Field and recommend to the Regional Manager program activities to improve the quality of services to better meet the needs of the members.
- Directs all activities of the MTA/NEA in the event of crises related to collective bargaining, employment security, professional quality, organizational integrity, legal rights, or legislative activity in areas to which the Representative is assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Ensures effective representation in collective bargaining and contract enforcement.
- Implements MTA/NEA policy in the area of the Representative’s assignment.
- Expedites all requests for services of members in the area to which the Representative is assigned.
- Designs and conducts programs and activities with the appropriate program divisions of MTA/NEA to improve local association leadership development and organizational improvement.
- Pursues an ongoing internal organizing program in locals to which the Representative is assigned.
- Designs and conducts programs and activities with the appropriate program divisions of MTA/NEA to ensure widespread understanding of the activities of MTA and NEA.
- Works in cooperation with members and staff of MTA/NEA outside of the Representative’s region, if such activities are required to assist the achievement of the goals of the members within the Representative’s region.
- Works in concert and in cooperation with all other members of the MTA staff in the development and implementation of a full service program for the members within the Representative’s region.
- Performs such other duties within the Representative’s areas of responsibility as may be assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees preferred.
- Commitment to the goals of the organized teaching profession.
- Effective writer and speaker.
- Collective bargaining experience.
- Organizing experience.
- Evidence of interest in personal professional growth.
- Evidence of ability to function harmoniously with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail systems.
- Willingness to travel and to work nights and weekends.
- Experience with or active participation in local, state, and national professional associations.
Automobile or personal transportation required.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com