Accounting Manager : California
Based in San Jose, CA
The South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council, a 501C(4) organization, represents 101 unions and more than 100,000 union members in Santa Clara and San Benito counties. For over 50 years, the Labor Council has championed the cause of working families in the South Bay through a combination of activities, including community organizing, leadership training, campaigning and issues advocacy.
The South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council is looking for an experience Accounting Manager to fill this part time position. Our Accounting Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day financial health of our finances including preparation and management of our accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and financial reporting. The selected candidate can determine their in-office hours. Hours will increase during campaign season with full compensation.
- Enter all accounting transactions into QuickBooks system
- Manage all accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly & annual financial reports in accordance with GAAP
- Preparation of monthly financial reports to the Executive Board
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now system
- Monitor payments & expenditures for all grants
- Assist with preparation of organization budget
- Prepare workers compensation reports
- Prepare Sales Tax Reports
- Prepare Property Tax Reports
- Prepare semi-annual reports for AFL-CIO
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare Credit Card Reconciliations
- Process 1099’s
- Liaison with auditors for completing annual audit/review
- Assist with preparation of annual tax form 990
- Experience with accounting for multiple entities
- Professional accounting experience, including nonprofit accounting
- College degree in accounting, business, or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Very high ethical standards and the ability to work independently and show initiative
- Familiarity with the following software: QuickBooks Premier Edition, Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience with ADP’s Workforce Now, ADP’s ezLaborManager and Netfile helpful.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willing to work additional hours during peak seasons
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary will be based on experience
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Very Flexible Work Schedule
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter specifying why you think you are the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants considered for interview will be asked to take a bookkeeping skills assessment.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com