Hotel Bookkeeper : Maryland
Silver Spring, MD
We are seeking an Experienced Bookkeeper with Great Plains experience for the Hospitality Industry. This person will work with Accounts Payables, Cash Receipts, Billing, Bank Reconciliation, Payroll Processing, Credit Card Reconciliation, filing and other duties assigned as needed. Works with CPA on taxes and year-end activities. Assist the Controller Department as needed.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Pay invoices in a timely manner
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect and remit sales taxes
- Ensure receivables are collected promptly
- Maintain petty cash fund
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support as requested
- JOB QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of four years accounting work experience
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and legal documents. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Strong working knowledge of MS Office is required, specifically Excel. Experience with automated accounting systems is required.
Please send resumes to Assistant to the International President for Operations Vaughn Dykes, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com