Campaign Director – Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table : California
Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table
Based in Contra Costa County, CA
Exciting opportunity to build the movement for racial, economic and social justice in Contra Costa County
Reports to: Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table Advisory Board
We are offering a Full Time, salaried position beginning November 27, 2017, including a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We have funding for one year with a strong likelihood that funding will continue.
The Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table is seeking a skilled and experienced Campaign Director to help engage and guide nine partner organizations of the Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table (temporary, working name). This table seeks to build the power needed in Contra Costa to shift the local, regional and statewide landscape and to lift up low wage workers, people of color, tenants and immigrants. A group consisting of strategic economic, labor, environmental and racial justice organizations has come together to develop a county-wide civic engagement table. The goals of the table are to:
- Build power in Contra Costa County towards realizing a vision of economic, environmental, racial and healthcare justice shared and advanced by local organizations across the county.
- Add capacity to organizations doing the work in the county to build organizing infrastructure in Central and East County
- Create political alignment as articulated by a shared vision and platform among partners.
- Coordinate issue advocacy, field work, movement building, and politics across Contra Costa’s varied communities.
The Campaign Director will work with and report to the Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table Advisory Board be a part of the senior leadership team for the Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table. S/he will collaborate with the Advisory Board to implement the goals of the coalition, provide analytical and strategic leadership on campaigns, develop and maintain relationships with policy makers and senior-level external allies. This position maintains both internal and external responsibilities. External roles include representing the organization with policy makers, elected officials, funders and donors and the media. Internal roles include managing policy and advocacy campaigns, providing strategic leadership and direction to the research and policy team, some fundraising responsibilities, and staff management.
- Collaborate with leadership team on coalition strategy, direction, and decision-making.
- Drive our organizing and policy agenda consistent with the coalition’s mission, serve as the coalition’s senior external campaigns coordinator.
- Lead public policy campaigns, in collaboration with our coalition staff, which further our goals of building a just and inclusive regional economy.
- Provide strategic leadership to our policy and research team, working with director level staff to ensure implementation of the coalition’s goals.
- Arrange for meetings, briefings, and strategy discussions with elected officials, allies, and policy makers about our work.
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders, including labor, the faith community, social justice allies, and policy-makers, to craft and spearhead our public policy agenda.
- Participate in regional, statewide, and national coalitions as needed.
- Provide leadership to our fund development team, participating in proposal writing, donor meetings, funder recruitment, and events as needed.
- Experience leading coalition work/civic engagement and/or campaign work
- Strong organizational development and facilitation skills
- Politically aligned with the coalition’s mission
- Experience fundraising and managing budgets
- Preferred: Knowledge of Contra Costa’s political landscape
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience.
To Apply: submit 1) an electronic cover letter, 2) resume, 3) three professional references in a complete packet that contains all 3 elements in one multi-page PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put CoCo Table Search Committee in the Subject-Line.
Compensation: This position will be administered through CCCET’s fiscal sponsor, The Tides Foundation. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting on November 24, 2017. Position is open until filled.
All submissions must be electronic. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
The Contra Costa Civic Engagement Table is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical handicap, medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status. CCCET strongly supports the social goals of affirmative action. We, therefore make special efforts to recruit individuals from groups that are historically under-represented in professional environments, or that suffer from broader societal discrimination.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com