Bilingual Spanish /English Lead Health Promoter/Organizer : Arizona, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Wisconsin
Bilingual Spanish /English Lead Health Promoter/Organizer
Openings in DC, Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York
(DC, Northeast, Midwest or West Coast)
UNITE HERE HEALTH is the health fund for UNITE HERE, the hotel, food service and gaming workers union – one of the most progressive labor unions in the country. We work closely with the union and employers to– provide affordable, quality health insurance, and run programs that address the health needs of our working class, largely immigrant population. Our goal is to help participants take control of their health and develop a sense of ownership of their health fund.
We have openings for a Bilingual Spanish /English Lead Health Promoter (health care organizer) in DC, LA, Chicago, or NY. Our ideal candidate is passionate about social justice, working with a working class population and has years of organizing experience.
This position trains and develops other staff health promoters to engage with participants one-on-one, to participate in programs to improve their health; and to develop participant leaders.
- Train and lead Fund staff to identify and recruit participants into Fund and community engagement programs which educate and activate participants with chronic health conditions to access resources, take better care of their health, and to make effective healthcare decisions.
- Oversee Fund programs in a particular region
- Identify and develop participant leadership and recruitment skills and develop those skills in staff.
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency required
- Ability to travel locally utilizing your personal car or public transportation. Valid driver’s license and current car insurance. Some regional and national travel required.
- High school diploma, some college preferred.
- At least 3 years organizing experience.
- Experience leading other staff
- Ability to work outside of traditional hours
- Experience with computers required, basic to intermediate skills in the following programs a plus: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
TO APPLY FOR OUR VARIOUS REGION BASED POSTIONS
Please upload a cover letter along with your resume at the UNITE HERE HEALTH website – Careers Page.
The mission of UNITE HERE HEALTH, a Taft-Hartley labor management trust fund, is to provide health benefits that offer high quality, affordable health care to our participants at better value with better service than is otherwise available in the market. We believe our success depends on innovation and on engaging our participants. UNITE HERE HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com