Accounting Specialist, Florida Education Association : Florida
Accounting Specialist (Professional B)
Florida Education Association
Tallahassee Headquarters, FL
Position Title: Accounting Specialist (Professional B)
Reporting To: Director of Financial Services
Position Location: Tallahassee Headquarters
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director of Financial Services in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department.
Minimum five (5) years of Finance and Accounting experience including preparation of annual IRS information returns and experience with QuickBooks or Peachtree Accounting Software. Candidates with PeopleSoft/Oracle experience, ADP Payroll System, and tax return preparation preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full charge bookkeeping duties including coding of cash receipts and disbursements or review of coding for accuracy. Input all cash receipts/disbursements into the accounting software preparing checks and deposits.
- Responsible for gathering information for both financial statement presentation and regulatory compliance, related to multiple organizations.
- Serve as back-up to the State Service Unit’s day-to-day financial operations including their accounts payable system, the payroll system and the cash receipts system to ensure timely and accurate activity.
- Assist the Director of Finance in researching and preparing data for financial reports, audits, tax returns, and other state and federal reports as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of the information, systems and processes contained in the Finance Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Services.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary per the negotiated agreement between the Florida Education Association and the Florida Staff Organization based on credited experience. Employer-provided hospitalization, medical, dental, vision, life and long-term-disability insurance; employer-paid retirement; vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit their statement of interest and updated resume by clicking on the link provided below –
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
FLORIDA EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Consistent with the FEA Affirmative Action Plan, minority, female and physically challenged applicants are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com