Administrative Assistant : Pennsylvania
The National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees (NUHHCE)
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative services in support of the various District 1199C departments , membership and staff to accomplish the organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.
- Creating and or maintaining various data systems for tracking and monitoring staff compliance with department and Union programs such as PEOPLE and membership drive, petition drives, and membership mobilization.
- Ensure staff compliance with administrative requirements such as Activity reports, attendance records and expense reports filings.
- Prepares materials, including urgent correspondence, letters, fliers, forms, announcements and coordinates mailing for the Executive Vice Presidents, Vice President or Office Manager
- Establish and maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system
- Processing mail and phone calls
- Works on special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Maintains Executives calendar and coordinating travel arrangements
- Creates spreadsheets, updates and maintains Member Strength databases which includes entering of membership cards, entering PEOPLE cards, activities reporting, organizing lists, delegate and leadership lists, grievance lists, and may include employer lists.
- Attends and participates in office meetings, assisting in room prep, agenda preparation, typing and distributing minutes, and executes follow up work from meetings.
- Conducts inventory and request office supplies consistent with approval policy
- Assists in the implementation and coordination of other local wide events
- Process member requests and complaints (telephone and walk-in) and refers to appropriate staff for resolution
- Process all communications with members and legal.
- Interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, members, vendors or associates
- Perform other duties as required to support the department and mission of the organization.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Expertise using Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to type 45 wpm
- Knowledge of standard business documents and table formatting to prepare materials accurately
- Proficiency using the Internet as a research tool
- Experience composing grammatically correct correspondence, and editing drafts to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and relate respectfully with a diverse membership and staff
- Commitment to provide accurate, efficient and friendly service to staff and members
- Ability to exercise strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and must work well under pressure
- Able to prioritize and complete workload
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Bilingual skills highly desirable
Sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods (up to four hours at a time) typing. Lifting up to 20 pounds. Employees must recognize that working in the labor movement is tough, demanding work, which sometimes requires working long or irregular hours that may necessitate over time. Some limited travel may be required.
To Apply For This Position:
E-mail a detailed resume, cover letter, and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
In subject of email: Title of Position you are applying for
District 1199C is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com