Digital Engagement Project Manager – WorkIt : California
Organization United for Respect
Digital Engagement Project Manager
Headquartered in Oakland, CA
may be worked remotely
Digital Engagement Project Manager – WorkIt
Location: This is a remote position.
Supervisor: Director of Product & Partnerships
About UFR: United for Respect (UFR) is a national organization building the voice of people working for the country’s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, UFR’s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family – sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology, including social media and our digital platform, WorkIt, to bring people who work in retail together into shared community and advocacy campaigns. Learn more about UFR’s core programs here.
About WorkIt: WorkIt is our proprietary digital platform that leverages machine learning to provide immediate support to people in low-wage jobs who are struggling to understand and assert their rights under the law and navigate corporate policies. WorkIt is available in both English and Spanish and can be downloaded directly through Google Play or iTunes to ask any question about workplace policy or rights via a simple chat interface to receive immediate, easy-to-understand advice and support.
Scope of Work: The Digital Engagement Project Manager will lead a multi-organization effort to provide WorkIt as a universal platform so that any working person in the state of California can access fast, reliable information and workplace support. This entails developing strategies to grow WorkIt’s user base, supporting campaigns and organizing efforts through WorkIt, scaling WorkIt’s leadership development program for peer volunteers, managing relationships with WorkIt partner organizations, and developing systems to develop and distribute content through the platform.
- Develop and execute a strategy to scale the use of the WorkIt platform across the state of California, starting with a 1-year pilot program with 3-4 partner organizations.
- Guide stakeholders through a collaborative design process that tailors the existing WorkIt platform to the needs of working people in California.
- Manage and drive overall project roadmap, calendar, budget, communications and deliverables (from the development team and partner organizations).
- Conduct trainings for partner organizations on how to best leverage WorkIt to accomplish key goals and cultivate their own peer volunteer programs to support the platform.
- Manage the development of a statewide knowledge database of state and local law.
- Guide stakeholders in creating a strategic plan for beta testing and app roll-out.
- Ability to build strong relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including partner organizations, funders, developers, and member leaders.
- Highly organized project manager with a track record of meeting timelines and quality expectations.
- Quick to learn new technologies and ability to breakdown technical jargon for a non-technical audience.
- Ability to hold the room and keep people on the edge of their seats during a training.
- High emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinker who excels at problem-solving and turning strategy into results.
- Ability to relate to and work with communities of color, women, and low-and moderate-income families
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus but not required.
Reports to: Director of Product & Partnerships
Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000, depending on experience and geography. Ability to travel is a must.
United for Respect is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equity. People of color, women, and LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com