Pension Services Analyst : District of Columbia, Virginia
Plumbers & Pipefitters National Pension Fund
Pension Services Analyst
Based in Alexandria, VA
Large multiemployer pension plan in Old Town Alexandria, VA is seeking a Pension Analyst to join our Pension Services team in providing professional customer service to our members handling pre-application and post-benefit determination inquiries, appeals and domestic relations orders.
- Answer telephone or written inquiries from participants, pensioners, Local Unions, and attorneys regarding members’ status, eligibility requirements, and other general questions related to the Plan rules and procedures
- Analyze data, research files and conduct internal and external investigations to determine eligibility for benefits.
- Determine eligible Pension Credits from submitted earnings data, Hours Summary File, and local union merger records as appropriate. Contact members, local unions, or other Fund office department for updating or correcting data.
- Calculate pension amounts and options under the National Pension Plan Rules and Local Union Plan rules for benefits with straight contributions rates, weighted average contribution rates without fluctuating rates within the local, rate reductions without weighted average contribution rates and separations.
- Write correspondence regarding Divorce Decrees, Separation Agreements, and other marital-related documents submitted with an application for benefits.
- Write correspondence responding to pre-application and post-determination inquiries regarding domestic relations orders.
- Process appeal acknowledgement letters and write basic appeal briefs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College degree or related work experience.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and apply pension plan rules and procedures.
- Ability to follow set procedures and recognize and appropriately deal with deviations.
- Ability to adapt to administrative, plan and regulatory changes.
- Detailed oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize responsibilities and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Accurate mathematical calculations and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate with members and Fund staff at all levels in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Word and Outlook and working knowledge of Excel.
SALARY: $2,028.00 biweekly ($52,728 annually)
HOURS: 8:30AM – 4:30PM, weekdays
BENEFITS: Employer paid benefits include medical insurance, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability benefits, pension plan; plus 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts and free parking.
Apply via our website at www.ppnpf.org and click on Employment Opportunities.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com