West Coast Coordinator : Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Washington
Private Equity Stakeholder Project
West Coast Coordinator
Covering the region of the West Coast
(Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington)
About the Private Equity Stakeholder Project:
The private equity industry is massive, hugely influential, and playing a role in more and more aspects of life in the US and around the world. The industry manages nearly $4 trillion in assets and owns companies that employ more than 11 million American workers, plus millions more around the world.
The industry touches a growing number of stakeholders, from workers and their unions, to communities and community groups, to those concerned about the environment.
The mission of the Private Equity Stakeholder Project is to identify, engage, and connect stakeholders affected by private equity with the goal of engaging investors and empowering communities, working families, and others impacted by private equity investments.
About the Position:
Location: West Coast, United States.
The West Coast Coordinator will be the main representative of the Private Equity Stakeholder Project in the Western US, communicating with and engaging staff and trustees of institutional investors, leading private equity/ institutional investor component of multiple campaigns, communicating with stakeholders and stakeholder groups impacted by private equity investments, and researching investment managers and their investments.
- Communicating with/ engaging with staff and trustees of institutional investors (e.g. pension funds, endowments, foundations, etc.).
- Communicating with/ engaging stakeholder groups (e.g. community, labor, civil rights, environmental) groups on issues involving private equity firms and similar Wall Street firms.
- Research re investment managers and their investments.
- Regular travel, primarily within the region (i.e. West Coast), as well as travel to national meetings, conferences, etc.
Note: This position is roughly ½ communication with/ engagement of institutional investors and other actors and ½ research on campaigns and investment managers.
- Strong commitment to social and economic justice; experience working with diverse constituencies.
- At least two years “organizing” experience (e.g. as research campaigner, community organizer, union organizer, etc.).
- At least one year research experience.
- Good attention to detail and interest in doing research.
- Strong writing ability, including ability to write to target audiences.
People of color, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Jim Baker at: jim.baker@PEstakeholder.org.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.
Job Posting Courtesy of UnionJobs.com