Union Approved Vendors
- Social Media
- Unions Go Green
- Accounting Services
- American Made Products
- Computers and Technology
- Event Planning
- Financial Services
- Funeral Services
- Go Green
- Health & Wellness
- Health Care Services
- Identity Theft
- Lasik Eye Surgery
- Legal Services
- Marketing & Advertising
- Mortgage and Debt Payoff
- Printing Services
- Real Estate
- Union Facts
- Union Benefits
- Union Resources
Americans For Tax Reform
Nobody really likes paying taxes.
But Americans for Tax Reform explores ideas to make taxes simpler, lower and more transparent.
Grover Norquist, President of Americans for Tax Reform, said his organization asks politicians to sign a Taxpayer Protection Pledge, a promise to oppose any tax increases.
Norquist said a way to rein in government spending to make sure raising taxes in not an option.
“The only way to ever control spending is to take tax increases off the table,” he said. “It forces the conversation about spending restraints.”
Norquist said his organization believes the current tax code kills jobs and leaves families with less money.
“It needs to be dramatically reformed,” he said.
Norquist is in favor of moving to a single rate tax. This tax system, used by Massachusetts, puts takes a flat percentage for income tax. In Massachusetts, the rate is 5.3 percent.
“It works very well,” he said. “Everybody pays the same percentage.”
Norquist said the “fair tax,” which replaces all federal income and payroll based taxes with a 23 percent national retail sales tax, has some positive points. His organization is concerned that the tax would be added in addition to income taxes instead of replacing them.
“You have a danger we will end up with both,” he said.
U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster, R - Hollidaysburg, has signed the pledge not to support any tax increases.
“His priority is eliminating the tax code that we have now and change it to a tax system that is fair to all Americans,” said spokesman Jeff Urbanchuk. “That’s the major priority.”
Urbanchuk said Americans for Tax Reform is on the forefront for exploring new ideas.
“We appreciate their efforts,” he said.
Shuster is in support of changing the tax system to something that is fair across the board for all Americans.
“So they can invest, take part in the American dream and small business owners and hirer more employees and improve the economy,” Urbanchuk said. “That’s where our focus is.”
Some legislation, such as health care reform and cap and trade, have “stealth tax increases,” Urbanchuk said.
“Cap and trade places a tax on everything,” Urbanchuk said. “It increases producing just about everything you buy. You will be paying more for everything to finance cap and trade.”
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this web page to a friend:
- ABC Defibrillators/ AED's on the Union Jobsite
- Accounting for Unions
- Advertise your Company to Labor Unions
- American Made
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members to shop
- Americans For Tax Reform
- An Ancient Wisdom Fits Current Economics
- Annuites "Brand Annunites for Working Familes"
- Answers to Common Questions People Have About Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
- Bail Out Union Pensions and Support The Working People of America
- BANKRUPTCY DICTIONARY OF TERMS
- Bankruptcy for Union Members, "Chapter 7"
- BEWARE OF OUTSOURCING YOUR TECHNOLOGY TO SMARTDATA INC.
- Billions of Text Messages sent in the first half of 2009
- Boycott Hotels
- Built Green with Union Labor
- Buy American Made
- Credit Card Relief Helps Union Members!
- Insurance " Long Term Care"
- Insurance "Affordable Health"
- Insurance "No Exam Life"
- No Spend Zone: Not Union Friendly Companies
- Retirement Calculators
- Reverse Mortgage Calculator
- Social Media Launches at Unions.org
- The Union Edge Radio
- Tips for Successfully Starting a New Business
- Treatment of Malignant Mesothelioma for Union Members
- Union based Occupatiions increase tobacco use
- Union Blog
- Union Facebook
- Union Prescription Discounts "Nation's Best Drug Card" Free
- Unions Go Green
- What is ERISA?