Homecare Field Manager
Member Programs and Participation Department
Reports To: Field Manager, Member Programs and Participation Department
Included in the Staff Union Bargaining Unit (classified in the Program I or Senior Program I schedule) this is a full-time, salaried, overtime-exempt position.
Office Location: Everett, WA
Special qualifications: Bilingual fluency in relevant languages, preferably Russian and Ukrainian
SEIU 775 is a fast-growing union committed to uniting the strength of long term care workers and improving the lives of working people.
The organizer’s role is to develop the leadership and strength of membership within assigned turf, in coordination with a statewide communications and political program.
Organizers on the Leaders in Action team mentor, coach, teach, and foster the talents of our members, who are low-wage home care workers. The goals of our union are to raise standards for the long-term care industry by through an aggressive organizing plan and political engagement. Homecare organizers are on the front-line of building the strength of our membership through individual skills and leadership development, recruitment to events, and coaching and training opportunities.
Previous experience in union organizing is highly desirable, but a variety of career or volunteer experiences include qualifying skills. Experience with the following types of employers is highly significant: social justice organizations, labor unions, progressive issue advocacy organizations, community and social service organizations, political campaigns and elected officials. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have completed the SEIU “Wave” training program or other formal training programs for organizers.
- A drivers’ license, a car, automobile insurance, and a cell phone with NW regional coverage are all requirements of this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are requirements of this position.
- Basic computer literacy and a willingness and ability to learn the organization’s technology tools is a requirement.
- Willingness to work long, irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, is required
- Willingness and ability to travel is a requirement, including frequent travel within the assigned turf and occasional travel throughout WA and other locations, including overnight travel.
- Strong personal planning, motivation, and time management skills and ability to work with people from other cultures and backgrounds are necessary skills.
- The ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment are considered key components to achieving organizer performance standards.
- The organizer must reside within the assigned turf.
SEIU 775 is committed to providing staff development opportunities and resources. We recognize that the majority of an organizer’s skill development happens through on through on the job experience, especially in the first year of employment. This position has advancement opportunities to a Senior Organizer position.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are set by collective bargaining agreement; pay ranges from low- $50k’s to mid- $70k’s (actual offer based on experience). Benefits include fully employer-paid family health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, a generous leave package, fully employer-paid pension (defined benefit plan), an optional 401(K) plan (no employer match), car and cell phone allowance, mileage reimbursement, and other benefits outlined in the policies of SEIU 775 and the staff union contract.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, résumé with salary history, three references with contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “LiA Homecare Organizer NW” in your subject line.
See www.seiu775.org for more information
SEIU 775 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, creed, gender, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, the presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. In addition to federal law requirements, SEIU 775 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.