National Program Coordinator
Innovation, Work of the Future, Research & Advocacy
The Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions seeks an experienced individual to fill the position of National Program Coordinator, Innovation. Travel required.
Develops and implements a union agenda related to innovation in health care delivery. Provides leadership and coordination among local and regional union leadership and executive corporate management to advance the strategy and goals for innovation and emerging jobs and roles. Applies broad administrative and negotiating experience/expertise in a union environment.
Develops annual action plans and budget to meet the organization’s goals for the assigned program area. Leads program staff; participates in hiring, conducts performance appraisal of regional and local union leadership program staff, and KP program staff, as applicable.
- Identifies opportunities for collaborative innovation work, and engages Coalition leaders and Kaiser Permanente in working together on pilots and projects related to healthcare innovation, including around advanced technology, new care settings and models, work and jobs of the future, and anticipated industry trends
- Provides advocacy for Coalition interests in context of changing healthcare environment
- Advances the goals and principles of the labor management partnership at national, regional and local levels. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with union leaders, staff and members, and with Kaiser Permanente leaders and supervisors to ensure collaboration in achieving objectives and support of the partnership.
- Works with Coalition leaders and Kaiser Permanente to advance opportunities implement programs and trainings that support the practice and culture of frontline innovation
- Works with Kaiser Permanente and Coalition leaders to develop program planning and assessment processes for implementation of program in KP regions that align with KP and Coalition goals and priorities. Develops and presents policy recommendations and resolves operational problems.
- Provides technical assistance, research and leadership development support and expertise to joint coalition union leaders and KP committee member to ensure union capacity to develop and deliver programs.
- Provides support in the development of national and regional policies and procedures to support the design, implementation, management and evaluation of direct service programs to union members, including, but not limited to: the development of policy manuals; assistance with the negotiation of enabling side letters of agreement; and the development of program metrics.
- Contributes to organizational planning by participation in national and regional projects. Chairs or participates on national and region wide teams, task forces and committees to develop recommendations on issues which can range from small, localized to broader, national and region wide issues with significant and critical impact.
- Provides support building union capacity to participate in regional committees including design and participation in national committee training and development efforts for program area. Works closely with area education providers and other education and training resources in the region to provide content from program area to develop training.
- Serves as a thought partner and consultant for program area strategies that provide accessible, affordable, timely, high quality, and strategically aligned opportunities and interventions that support key business results.
- Demonstrates cost effectiveness and responsiveness to customer needs and shifting priorities. Anticipates and proactively assists in developing proposals, business cases for new programs that support the LMP action plan.
- Leads program staff; participates in hiring, conducts performance appraisal of regional and local union leadership program staff and KP program staff, as applicable. Performs other duties as assigned, which includes preparing reports and following procedures as required by the OLMP, including budgets and finances.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Education in health care policy or management, labor relations or education, business or related fields desirable. Equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- Three or more years of experience in the labor movement, this includes broad experience working with the Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions or other labor-management partnership initiatives. Experience in health care sector preferred.
- Program management, lead or supervisory experience and excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to perform some intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft office suite software required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Effective interpersonal skills with ability to manage in an environment of change, with very diverse perspectives and needs. Ability to effectively persuade and influence.
Location: Oakland, CA
Interested persons should submit a resume and a letter of application that describes their qualifications for the specific position to email@example.com. Please include “National Program Coordinator, Innovation” in the subject line.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at UNIONJOBS.COM.